At the Total Health Center, Dr. Scott has a truly unique approach to IBS treatment. This video will help you understand what makes us different and why we are able to help people who thought they could not be helped.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome and digestive trouble can be one of the most embarrassing and uncomfortable diseases a person can have. As you may know, your life can be a wreck by not being able to go out in public for fear of an “attack.” Never enjoying life to the fullest or able to go places where a bathroom is not a few steps away is NOT how you should have to live. I am here to tell you that there is hope! I love treating these conditions because of the success of my patients – they can enjoy life again without worry. If you or a loved one would like more information about our IBS treatment, keep reading.
- Recurrent abdominal pain or discomfort
- Abnormal stool frequency (greater than 3 bowel movements/day or less than 3 bowel movements/week)
- Abnormal stool form (lumpy/hard or loose/watery stool)
- Abnormal stool passage (straining, urgency, or feeling of incomplete bowel movement)
- Bloating or feeling of abdominal distension
- Feelings of urgency (the need to find a restroom fast)
IBS symptoms can vary greatly from patient to patient. Some may experience mild bloating and intestinal gas, while for others the symptoms can be life altering. Conventional treatment in corporate medicine is lacking. Many patients are left to manage symptoms with little to no hope for a permanent solution.
IBS Treatment in Virginia Beach
As a Functional Medicine practitioner, I see these cases every day. Although conventional medicine says there is no cure for IBS, I disagree – and so do my patients. There are treatments that attempt to relieve symptoms, including dietary adjustments, supplementation, and medication. But if you want to get rid of IBS, you need to find out why you have it in the first place. The answer will surprise some and most already know but don’t want to believe it. We find it and tell you. Most patients can start feeling relief in 2-6 weeks and following advice within 3 months can be clear of symptoms.
We leave NO STONE UNTURNED to get to the cause and solution to your IBS (or Crohns’, or other digestive disorder)! Your initial exam with Dr. Scott at Total Health Center in Virginia Beach will include:
- A thorough case history where Dr. Scott will listen to the details of your case
- A complete functional neurological examination
- A comprehensive look at any recent blood work you have had done to determine what testing still needs to be done
- A comprehensive analysis of findings and Dr. Scott’s unique knowledge
- A written recommendation for a treatment plan – if Dr. Scott feels he can help you – specifically designed for your unique case
There are a few “deal breakers” that may need to be addressed first to get long-lasting or permanent digestive disorder results. I look for these first to make an accurate diagnosis:
- Blood Sugar Imbalances/Adrenal
- EFA Metabolism
- Auto-immune Conditions
Getting to the Root Cause
Understanding that all body systems work together is the key to resolving many chronic health issues, including IBS. Not only can IBS contribute to conditions like thyroid problems, but the thyroid problem could be contributing to the IBS. For some, the key to resolving the IBS is to get the thyroid fixed.
After your consult and reviewing your initial tests we will determine the need for follow-up testing to find the exact hidden cause of where your problems are coming from. These may include:
- Thyroid Panel
- Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Lipid Panel
- CBC (complete blood chemistry with auto differential)
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Adrenal Stress Index (ASI)
- Immune Panel
- Hormone Panel
- Neurotransmitter Testing
- Inflammation Testing
Don’t wait any longer! Schedule your free consultation with Dr. Mark Scott of Total Health Center in Virginia Beach today.