Have you been told your labs are normal only to suffer with the same thyroid symptoms you had before you began hormone therapy? Are you aware that EVERY cell in your body has receptor sites for thyroid hormone? Are you aware that the most common cause of hypothyroidism is NOT a problem in your thyroid gland but in your immune system? If your immune system is attacking your thyroid what ELSE is it attacking?
This important component of the body has a direct impact on the metabolism that is experienced in the body. Individuals who suffer from one of the major thyroid patterns may also suffer from several health complications. These include, but are not limited to, issues with weight, mood, and energy levels.
- Increase in weight gain even with low calorie diet
- Morning headaches that wear off as the day progresses
- Overly sensitive to cold weather
- Poor circulation and numbness in hands and feet
- Muscle cramps while at rest
- Catches colds and other viral/bacterial problems easily and has difficulty recovering
- Wounds heal slowly
- Require excessive amount of sleep to function properly
- Chronic digestive problems (hypochlorhydria)
- Itchy dry skin
- Dry or brittle hair
- Hair falls out easily
- Edema, especially facial (myxedema)
- Loss of outside portion of eyebrows
Many individuals experience thyroid disease symptoms and do not even realize that the experiences they are having could indicate a potentially dangerous complication. The implications of thyroid function on the rest of the body are vast.
Natural Thyroid Treatment through Functional Medicine
What makes our practice different from every other thyroid doctor you may have seen?
At Total Health Center in Virginia Beach, we practice functional medicine – personalized medicine that deals with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of symptoms for serious chronic disease. It is a science-based field that uses lab testing, a comprehensive metabolic workup, and clinical evaluation to support healing the Whole Person in:
We leave NO STONE UNTURNED to get to the cause and solution to your thyroid problems! Your initial exam with Dr. Scott at Total Health Center Virginia Beach will include:
- A thorough case history where Dr. Scott will listen to the details of your case
- A complete functional neurological examination
- A comprehensive look at any recent blood work you have had done to determine what testing still needs to be done
- A comprehensive analysis of findings and Dr. Scott’s unique knowledge
- A written recommendation for a treatment plan – if Dr. Scott feels he can help you – specifically designed for your unique case
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for our breakthrough procedures for natural thyroid treatment, schedule a free consultation.
Disclaimer: This page is for informational purposes only. It is not designed to substitute for professional and individualized health advice. Please do not stop or start taking prescription medication without the advice of your prescribing doctor, as this can be very dangerous to your health. You should always consult your prescribing doctor regarding prescription drugs.